Thursday, March 14, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 4

Your views on religion.


Well... This is always a very touchy subject among people. Many people are strongly rooted into the religion that their family believes in.. You know what I mean, right? Usually you attend the same church as your parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. Unfortanetly this is not the case for me. My aunts, uncles, and all my family aside from my parents and my sibling attend Methodist churches, and obviously follow the Methodist beliefs. I on the otherhand, go to and believe in Catholica relgion. My father was raised a Catholic and my mother was raised Methodist but changed to Catholic in order to be wed in the Catholic church when they got married. It's a touchy subject around holidays such as easter... We as Catholics don't eat meat every Friday from Ash Wednesday to Easster Sunday but the rest of my family does... Other times we just start talking about religion for some reason or another and always bump head, both sides are so quick to judge. Eventually we overcame the little arguments that we use to have here and there by learning to respect eachother's choices of religion. I personally don't care what you believe in because it is ultimalely your own choice, I attend both Methodist and Catholic churches although, I am only baptised & confirmed in the Catholic church. I honestly don't like this subject and therefore am ending this blog with this quote....


"I never will, by any word or act, bow to the shrine of intolerance or admit a right of inquiry into the religious opinions of others." ~Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment